Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
MDA had to build the AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) System, normally on a Navy Destroyer, on two shore sites in Poland and Romania. JRC supported Initial Operational Capability (IOC) in Romania and is currently supporting similar efforts in Poland.
- Defining and verifying shore requirements to replace ship-supplied services
- Engineering system changes to account for a land-based environment (navigation, radar interference, shore power, support equipment performance, etc.)
- Verifying host nation construction contract requirements
- Facility and weapons system integration requirements
The JRC Solution
- Highly skilled systems engineers and radar engineers developed facility and weapon system requirements modifications.
- JRC performed design analysis and equipment inspection requirements verification, documented verification, and updated & maintained the technical data package.
- Provided an in-country PMO representative to oversee construction, integration, and system testing.
- On-time completion of European Phased Adaptive Approach (EPAA) Phase II Milestone