Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP)
SSP needed a solution to deconflict spectrum and improve data security while also increasing data transmission rates in order to support more advanced missile system testing.
- SSP needed to find a solution to share and deconflict spectrum and to redesign existing test equipment for shared spectrum usage.
- SSP needed to significantly increase data transmission rates within assigned spectrum in order to perform more robust system testing.
- The program had to obtain spectrum authorization in foreign countries.
- The program had to develop spectrum usage plans for multiple systems for flight test operations.
The JRC Solution
- JRC engineers developed a spectrum coordination process among Navy Marine Corps Spectrum Center (NMSC), National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), and seven Navy Marine Corps Spectrum Offices (NMSO).
- JRC developed a Host Nation Coordination (HNC) for military frequency allocation.
- JRC coordinated equipment authorization from NTIA and temporary frequency allocation from NMSC.
- JRC developed comprehensive flight test plans for frequency and spectrum management for ballistic missile flight tests.
- SSP overcame equipment obsolescence and significantly increased test system capabilities.
- The program had reduced test costs.
- SSP had a 100% on-time test performance.