Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Programs
JRC’s expertise with full-spectrum systems engineering enables JRC to develop and implement Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) programs. MBSE is the formalized application of modeling to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities beginning in the conceptual design phase and continuing throughout development and later life cycle phases. It includes behavioral analysis, system architecture, requirement traceability, performance analysis, simulation, and test.
MBSE moves the record of authority from documents to digital models including M-CAD, E-CAD, SysML and UML managed in a data rich environment. It enables engineering teams to more readily understand design change impacts, communicate design intent and analyze a system design before it is built.
JRC has provided this expertise to multiple customers, including: Navy SSP, MDA, and Naval Warfare Centers.
Critical Areas of Expertise
- DoDAF model-based approach to architecture development
- MBSE policy development
- Web-based display to system architecture
- Integration with programmatic and engineering functions:
- Joint Capabilities Integration and Development (JCIDS)
- Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE)
- Defense Acquisition System (DAS)
- Systems Engineering (SE)
- Operations Planning
- Capabilities Portfolio Management (CPM)
Related Case Studies
Read more about how our capabilities are carried out through real-life case studies.